Our Client, a leading foreign Bank, is seeking a candidate to provide origination, execution and capital markets' knowledge to support the Latin American Debt Capital Markets team. This New York–based team works closely with the Latin American corporate finance group in New York and with local offices in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Mexico to originate debt capital markets transactions from the region. The candidate would work closely with team members to develop creative financing solutions for clients of the firm and would be responsible for marketing capital market financing solutions to clients primarily in Spanish-speaking Latin America. The candidate will provide advice regarding structural execution strategies, pricing feedback and market updates to our clients as well as internal constituents. Ideally the candidate would have had tactical bond execution experience as well as a high level of client interaction. Fluency in Spanish a requirement. Some familiarity with structured/project finance helpful.
– Collaborate with the Bank's relationship teams in local offices and with the corporate and project finance teams in New York to provide DCM product expertise to clients; including providing regular market updates, pitching new ideas and providing support for acquisition financing opportunities.
– Regular follow-up and client relationship maintenance is expected as well as identification of new client prospects.
– Provide clients and colleagues with feedback on market conditions, receptivity to new issues and secondary market prices and volumes.
– This role will involve frequent business travelling to Latin America.
– Minimum 6-8 years experience in Debt Capital Markets
– Proven experience working in Latin America and interacting with Latin American clients
– Proven expertise in origination and execution of debt financings
– Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of multiple teams
– Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized and articulate manner
– Ability to follow up independently and play the role as project manager
– Undergraduate degree, and/or MBA depending on experience, or equivalent.
– Series 79 & 63 licenses preferable
– Proficient in complex corporate finance
– Strong familiarity with the capital markets
– Experience in negotiation and execution of requisite documentation
– Fluency in Spanish required; Portuguese helpful
Apply for this Now